A home inspector’s job is to get close to everything in your household. In turn, this means they will be getting close to you as well. Due to the personal level you will get to with your home inspector it is important to select someone who is not only qualified, but also kind and friendly with your best interest in mind.
Here are some examples of questions to ask a prospective home inspector.
- What experience do you have?
- Can you provide references to people who can perform the repairs you recommended?
- How many inspections have you performed?
- What certifications do you hold?
- Can you share a story about an inspection you performed recently?
- What are the most important aspects of a home inspection to you?
- What sets you apart from other home inspectors?
All of these are great questions to ask your home inspectors. You should have an idea of what answers you would like to hear before asking the questions. This will help you in making an informed decision.
Overall, your inspector should be qualified and knowledgeable, but they should also be personable and polite. To make sure you are getting the best home inspection experience, be sure to do your research and ask the right questions before selecting one.